Switching probes are suitable for many various applications: not only can they be used for component detection tests, switches for closed/open checks, but also as a signal trigger for process control.
Furthermore, in combination with other test probes (e.g., push-back probes), position determination of contact terminals in plug housings is possible.
In most cases, INGUN switching probes are so-called “closers”, and are normally opened (NO). That means that the electric circuit is closed when the plunger is activated, allowing the plunger to be pushed further beyond the switching point.
The rated current applied can only be transmitted in the closed state.
Various SKS applications
The Application examples are possible in all grid sizes.
- Component detection test, voltage-free checks with plastic tip styles
- Open-closed checks e.g., fixture closed or PCB inserted
- Signal trigger for process control in machinery
- Contacting of cable-plug connections
- Combined connection, push-back and position test of contact terminals in plugs
- Plug detection test in module, as well as locking clip on plug
Switching test probe versions
Press-in and screw-in versions are available, depending on installation requirements. These are also available as quick-exchange systems in most series.
Screw-in versions are especially suitable for applications with vibrations or unwanted side forces or axial forces. This prevents the test probe moving out of the receptacle.
The electrical connection is made either by directly soldering on the receptacle (KS) and switching probe (SKS), using a plug, or a quick-exchange receptacle.